Saturday, January 29, 2011

Homemade English Muffins

I am a fan of Foodnetwork and the Cooking Channel. So when I saw someone at a restaurant making English Muffins, I knew I had to find a recipe to make them at home. I am a firm believer that I can make just about anything I see on these two channels and I often find inspiration and ideas to try out in my kitchen. This morning it was English Muffins. My husband, Michael, loves these versatile muffins and I know he will love having homemade muffins so much more than store bought.

I found several recipes on Allrecipes.com, but decided on this one English Muffins by LindaPinda. However, I did not roll out the dough and cut out rounds. I did what I saw the restaurant do, I divided the dough out into equal portions and rolled the dough into a ball shape. I used a cast-iron griddle to cook them on. At first I thought it would be difficult to make these, but it wasn't nearly as hard. I never knew that they were cooked on top of the stove either, but I guess I never really thought about it.

The English Muffins turned out better than I expected for my first try. They are lighter than I figured they would be too. They taste fresher and better than store bought. They can be used in so many ways and can be stored for use later. Why don't you give them a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment