Friday, October 16, 2009

German Style Salisbury Steak

Mmmm good! This was last night's dinner. Michael came into the kitchen and saw ground turkey patties going into the pan and asked if we were having burgers. I said no, it's salisbury steak without the beef. He just shrugged his shoulders and said if you say so. This recipe came from Weeknight Menus by Cuisine at Home. The recipe calls for beef chuck, but I decided to use ground turkey. The gravy calls for a dark beer or beef broth and thankfully I had a dark beer on hand in the fridge. I also used chicken broth in the gravy too. The mashed potatoes were instant also. I had some frozen spinach, so it became my other side item. The gravy was so rich tasting and I believe the dark beer had something to do with that, so glad I didn't have beef broth. I am telling you the ground turkey worked wonderful in this dish. I may try it with beef one day, but somehow I doubt it. I like my beef in the form of a juicy porterhouse or ribeye. As always, if you want the recipe I am willing to share.

I will be making Shepherd's pie for the first time in my life this weekend and I will make my own mashed potatoes for that recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment