Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Asian Ragu with rice-stick noodles


Asian Ragu
Originally uploaded by Ajidivine
A few weeks ago I bought Weeknight Menus by Cuisine at Home, because it had some really great recipes in it. I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try. There are 99 recipes in this book and I will try all of them eventually, but I will have to find substitute meat for the pork recipes. I found a recipe called Asian Ragu, which is a Thai take on Spaghetti and Meatsauce. I have a fondness for Italian and all things in Asian cuisine, so this was a must cook for me. It was truly an easy dish to make. Fresh ginger, garlic, shallots, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce or fish sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar and ground sirloin (I used ground round) made a tasty variation on the italian dish so many people love. Lucky for me I have a basil and mint plant growing on my deck. The dish was a little spicy, but I like spicy. The fresh basil and mint added to the plate made the dish complete, I didn't add the peanuts as the recipe suggested.  If you want to try this recipe contact me and I will share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment