Sunday, August 23, 2009

Braised Beef Brisket, Oaxacan Style

This is a plate of braised beef brisket (Oxaxacan style) with a side of rice with some of the sauce and lima beans. I found this recipe on Cook's Illustrated website, they have a 14 day free trial period. I have had beef brisket before, but not braised let alone with this type of seasoning. I am a fan of all types of mexican seasonings and cooking, so this will be a keeper for me. Beef brisket is a bit expensive and I rarely find it on sale, so it will be a while before I try this again. I did find another site with more Oxaxacan recipes for me to try out.
In preparing this dish I did find that I need to invest in a few new items for my kitchen. I never really knew how important it was to have a meat thermometer or a thermometer to make sure my oven was at the right temperature. I do have a food processor, but I need a smaller one for small jobs. Funny how when you start to do something new you find out that you need new stuff too. I will try to do what I can with what I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment