Sunday, August 30, 2009

Shrimp Margherita Pizza


Shrimp Margherita Pizza
Originally uploaded by Ajidivine
I was in the mood for pizza today, so I found a great recipe for pizza crust and a margherita pizza recipe to use as a guide. The crust was a bit like flat bread, not too thick and not too thin. I added dried basil and oregano to the pizza dough and baked it for about 7 minutes prior to adding the toppings.

I used shrimp on my pizza, just because I wanted too. I cooked them in a little olive oil and garlic for a little bit and drained on a paper towel. I followed the margherita pizza recipe as far as tossing my tomatoes in olive oil and garlic. I only had mozzarella cheese and I added thinly sliced red onion to the pizza. I have to say it again, I love having my own fresh tomatoes and basil to use in my recipes.

I will be making this pizza again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment