Saturday, August 29, 2009

Seafood and spinach soup


Seafood and spinach soup
Originally uploaded by Ajidivine
Since I have been battling both nasal and chest congestion the past few days I decided that soup was needed, but I didn't have chicken soup in my cabinet (nor did I want any boring chicken soup). I had seen a soup recipe with spinach the last time I was in the book store, but I didn't have it in my vast recipe inventory. So I did what I usually do when I can't find a recipe, surf the web. I found lots of recipes, but most of them were tomato based and I didn't want that. I came across a link for spinach and seafood soup for diabetics, so I decided to use it as a guide since I didn't have everything it called for and I didn't want pasta in my soup. My soup contained chicken broth, water, celery, green onion, asparagus (fresh not canned), soy sauce, mushrooms, shrimp, calamari, fresh baby spinach and fresh basil which was added just before serving. I didn't follow the recipe measurements, because I only wanted to make enough for two. The soup was a deliciously light healthy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment