Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Recipe organizer

Today I was on the hunt for a program to help organize my recipe collection on my computer. I wanted to make it easier for me to create a shopping list for all the ingredients needed for my weekly menu. Doing it by hand is cumberson and for some reason I seemed to always leave something out. Oh, did I say I was looking for a free program. Well, since money is tight, I needed a free program. I started googling chef software, but came up with games and a few links to some sites that had nothing to offer. I tried all the variations free recipe program, free cooking program, etc. I found quite a few out there ranging in prices as high as $299 and as low as $9.95, but still nothing free. So I started clicking on the suggested links at the bottom of the search pages and finally I found a link that looked promising. I was probably asking for a lot, a free recipe program that I can enter recipes into and then create a shopping list of ingredients, but it was what I wanted and needed. The Recipe Center is a free program and it seems to have all the functions I wanted. It already has recipes loaded and it is fairly easy to type in additional recipes. There are other features like the shopping list that I have yet to try, but I think that for what I wanted to pay (zero) this is a wonderful find.

No comments:

Post a Comment