Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blackened Chicken with Cajun Alfredo Sauce

I haven't been feeling 100% since I got back from my school reunion, so I haven't cooked very much. My sisters rented an RV for school reunion, so I was able to grill personal sized pizza's at the picnic. They were very good and I must try it at home soon. I had a great time seeing old classmates.

Last night I made a pizza with turkey pepperoni and onions. Normally I don't let the dough rest before I put it in the pan, but this time I let it rest for about 15 minutes and it was a much softer crust.

Tonight I made Blackened Chicken with Cajun Alfredo Sauce. I found the recipe while cruising other blogs about cooking. I followed the recipe almost exactly, except I used chicken breasts with skin and bones. My sauce turned out darker than the pictures from the pics on the site with the recipe. I attribute the darker sauce to the bits left in the bottom of my skillet, but I actually liked that the sauce was darker. The chicken was tender and the sauce was flavorful. This is definitely a keeper for my recipe archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment