Sunday, September 20, 2009

Homemade Chicken Enchiladas


Multimedia message
Originally uploaded by Ajidivine
Today I made chicken enchiladas from scratch. Normally I use the sauce from cans and the season package, but I found this great recipe on CookIllustrated.com. It is easy to make the second time around and it is well worth the effort to make it this way. It even tastes better than the frozen selections out there. I could make my own tortillas, but I am not a glutton for punishment, so I use flour tortillas from the grocery store. I had some cherry tomatoes from my deck garden on hand, so I chopped some cilantro and diced the cherry tomatoes for a quick side salsa. The salsa was a great addition to the enchiladas.

If you want to try this dish let me know and I will send the recipe to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment