Friday, September 4, 2009

Potato Pizza


Multimedia message
Originally uploaded by Ajidivine
Yes, I have been on a pizza kick. Not long ago I saw a potato pizza on Food Network, I think it was the show where the chefs talked about their fav pizzas. I was amazed, because I had never heard of this combo on a pizza. I bought a bag of Yukon Gold potatoes, because they were used on the pizza I saw. I used approximately 4 small to medium sized potatoes thinly slice (use a food processor or mandolin). Cook the potatoes in the microwave or in water until they are just tender (don't over cook) and drain away any liquid. Of course I used the dough recipe I have come to love, but this time I had some garlic to the dough...ummm maybe a 1 1/2 tsp of minced garlic and baked it for 5 minutes or so. I slathered some olive oil on the crust, then a layer of cheddar cheese, potatoes, thinly sliced yellow onion, sprinkle 2 tsp of freshly chopped rosemary and approx 10 basil leaves and the last layer of mozzarella cheese. Now I always have to add more, so I added some cooked shrimp and shook some red pepper flakes on the pizza before adding the mozzarella cheese. I baked the pizza at 350 until the crust was browned to my liking.

Who knew that potatoes on a pizza would be so good. We thought it reminded us of scalloped potatoes a bit. I will have to try this again, maybe I will use a mix of potatoes next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment